The Vitus Rapide FS CRX MTB is a full carbon race bike designed for today’s cross-country courses.
XC is no longer just cyclocross with the volume turned up. With descent lines and rock gardens closer to Enduro and route profiles so toothy you’ll feel a lactic burn just looking at the course map, the Rapide FS offers efficiency and Incredibly light trail capability. – carbon suspension construction.
If you’ve ridden a modern XC course, you’ll appreciate the need for some frame travel. Whether it’s a short course or an endurance event, the terrain is rugged, the features are challenging and the climbs are technical. The Vitus Rapide FS uses the same four-bar suspension as the rest of the Vitus MTB lineup for increased pedaling control, comfort and continuous braking performance.
Frame travel is provided by a RockShox SIDLuxe Select+ with remote lockout, for sprinting those climbs.
Up front we have 29er 100mm travel RockShox SID SL Ultimate forks with Charger Race Day damper. again with a remote lock.
The Reynolds TR 309/289 XC Carbon wheelset with Reynolds TR hubs offers 36 points of engagement. These arrive tubeless ready.
The Maxxis Rekon Race 29 x 2.25 front and rear will be perfect for some courses and terrifying for others.
We weighed our mid-size Vitus Rapide FS CRX. It comes in at 11.7kg, but we haven’t gotten it set up tubeless yet.
Two versions are available. This Rapide FS CRX costs £3,999.99 and the Rapide FS CRS costs £2,799.99, with the most notable spec changes being the Shimano SLX groupset, DT Swiss wheelset and SID SL Select.
Specifications Vitus Rapide FS CRX:
- Frame // Rapide FS UD carbon full suspension frame
- Fork // RockShox SID SL Ultimate 29″
- Shock // RockShox SIDLuxe Select+
- Pair of wheels // Reynolds TR 309/289 XC carbon wheelset
- Front rim // Reynolds TR 309 XC Carbon 29″, 30mm inner rim width, Presta Valve, Tubeless Ready
- Rear rim // Reynolds TR 289 XC Carbon 29″, 28mm inner rim width, Presta Valve, Tubeless Ready
- Hubs // Reynolds TR MTN
- Tires // Maxxis Rekon Race, 29″ x 2.25″, EXO casing. Front and rear,
- Pedalboard // Shimano XT M8100
- BB // Shimano BB52, threaded
- Brakes // Shimano XT M8100
- Rotors // Shimano RT76 180mm front and rear
- Handlebar // Ritchey WCS 6061 alloy flatbar, 5mm rise, 9° backsweep, S: 720mm wide, M: 740mm, L & XL: 760mm wide
- Stem // Ritchey WCS C220 84D S: 70mm, M: 80mm, L: 90mm, XL: 100mm, 31.8mm handlebar clamp diameter, +/-6° rise
- Joysticks // SHimano XTR M9100 12-speed, Rapidfire Plus
- tape // Shimano XT M8100 12-speed, 10-51T range
- Chain // Shimano XT M8100
- Dude // Shimano XTR M9100 12 speed
- Helmet // Acros AZX-212-CO R5
- Handles // Vitus Lock On
- Saddle // WTB SL8 Comp
- Saddle stem // Ritchey WCS Zero, 31.6mm x 400mm
- Saddle clamp // Vitus 34.9mm diameter
While you are here…
Thanks for stopping by – why not stay a while?IT’S FREE
Sign up as a Singletrack member and you’ll be able to leave comments on stories, use the classifieds, post to our forums, take quizzes and more.
Join us, join us, it’s free and fun.