Happy Tuesday, Orange County! Here’s everything going on in Orange County today.
First, the weather forecast for the day:
Partly cloudy all day. High: 73 Low: 58.
On Tuesday, high tide was expected at 2:26 p.m. at 4.27 feet. Sunrise was expected at 6:44 a.m. and sunset at 6:39 p.m.
On Wednesday, high tide was expected at 7:53 a.m. at 3.61 feet. Low tide was expected at 10:33 am at 3.61 feet. Sunrise would be at 6:45 a.m. and sunset at 6:38 p.m.
Here are the best stories today in Orange County:
- Orange County District Attorney Todd Spitzer has shut down an investigation into a shooting involving an officer. Now, a coalition is demanding justice. (Spectrum 1 News).
- A new way to satisfy your usual cravings: Habit Burger adds this drive-thru to Orange County. Here’s where to find it. (Fast Casual).
- Huntington Beach Police shot dead a man during the US Open Surf Contest. Here is what happened. (Orange County crest).
- Have you seen the sandcastle creations in newport beach during the weekend? These sandcastle creations brought a global touch to the 56th anniversary of this celebration. (OCRegister).
- First electric bicycle disaster in Orange County: A mother died and her two children were seriously injured in a tragic electric bicycle accident on the San Juan Creek trail on Saturday. Here is what we know. (Badge of San Juan Capistrano).
Today’s Orange County Daily is brought to you by our friends at Ring, the home security company. Ring does more than just doorbells: discover their full line of smart home products at Ring.com. And thank you ring to help shake up local news in Orange County!
Today in Orange County:
- How to Navigate the Divorce Process Successfully – Irvine ~ No-Cost Webinar (6:30 p.m.).
- Fall Club Rush – Estancia High (more info).
- College Boost at the CAV Center from 1 p.m. to 1 p.m. (1 p.m.).
- Shmini Atzeret, Yizkor – Beth Sholom Temple (more information).
- Chamber Board Meeting – Garden Grove Chamber of Commerce (8:00 am).
Orange County Notebook
- Orange County German Shepherd Rescue: “At only 11 months old, Maya is looking for a new start. Her owner had a hard time and was no longer able to take care of her. Maya has just arrived, so we are getting to know her better. We have her. promised there are better days to come. ” (Facebook).
- Jill Parkin: âKnott’s Spooky Farm started this weekend! We’ve been waiting all year for thisâ¦ which now happens every weekend until Halloween. Older boys love Knott’s Scary Farm, but little kids and I love Knott’s Spooky Farm. “(Instagram).
- Orange County Fire Authority: âOver the past week, our Urban Search and Rescue (US&R) team trained in the use of a variety of tools to drill through concrete and rebar. Our team frequently trains on a multitude of rescue techniques. “(Facebook).
- Orange County Guide | SoCal: âOur 2nd Annual Trunk-or-Treat Event is next week! SHARE with your friends and family! Coming in just a few weeks, this FREE event is a fun night out with the family. 2nd Annual TRUNK-OR-TREAT Event on THURSDAY, OCTOBER 7. ” (Instagram).
- Orange County Register: “The Costa Mesa CafÃ© will have 80 outdoor seating on the 1,000 square foot terrace.” (Facebook).
- Orange Sud Public Library: “Beautiful day for this community event celebrating literacy and showcasing the work of so many authors for children and young adults! Check out our stories! Thank you @mapsobookfest, another great book festival!” (Instagram).
- Orange County Goodwill: âWe invite you to take a closer look at our sustainability efforts at #OCGoodwill Donated goods have the power to change lives, strengthen communities and create a healthier environment. Goodwill is doing its part to help preserve the environment. “(Facebook).
From our sponsors – thank you for supporting the local news!
- How to Navigate the Divorce Process Successfully – Irvine ~ Toll Free Webinar (September 28).
- Ask the Doctors: An Elderly Appreciation Event (September 29).
- Rolling Stones Pre-party with Mick Adams and The Stones, Rolling Stones show! (October 2).
- San Clemente Garden Club Sale of fall plants and flea market treasures (October 9).
- The Bentley Celebrity Golf Tournament (October 15).
- Add your event.
You are all caught up for today! I’ll catch up to you early tomorrow with a new update. If you like these newsletters, consider inviting friends and neighbors to join in. You can send them this link to subscribe.
– Ashley ludwig
About Me: Ashley Ludwig has been an online news columnist and editor since 2007. Prior to joining Patch, she worked as an editor for Southwest Riverside’s Valley News, both print and online. She was the co-founder of the Southern California news conglomerate, DailySoCal.com – and before that, a freelance reporter for publications such as the North County Times, San Diego Union-Tribune, and Southwest Riverside News Network (SWRNN. com), and still owns the local Southern California Wine Country blog: TemeculaGrapevine.com. Ashley Ludwig has been working as a web writer since the late 1990s. She graduated from the University of Arizona with a Bachelor of Arts and Science degree. Wife and mother of two daughters, she is the author of several romantic thrillers. www.ashleyludwig.com
Do you have any advice or suggestion for an upcoming Orange County Daily? I’m all ears. You can reach me at [email protected]