Happy Thursday, neighbors! Here are the most important things happening in the city today.
Are you a local business owner or distributor in Plymouth? Our premium local sponsorships keep you on top of inboxes in town every morning. Contact us here for the truth.
First, your weather forecast for the weekend:
- Thursday: Rain and humidity all day. High: 77 Low: 61.
- Friday: Clear skies all day. High: 75 Low: 55.
Here are the best stories in Plymouth today:
- Impacted by suicide? The 2-Day Taunton Livestream aims to give you a ‘voice at the table’ (Taunton Daily Gazette)
- The first shovelful of the Town of Barnstable sewer expansion is scheduled for Monday, September 20 (Barnstable Patriot)
- The old New Bedford schools were better than the new ones [OPINION] (wbsm.com)
- Hollywood in New Bedford: Why the city continues to be overlooked as a filming location (SouthCoastToday.com)
- Medal of Honor recipients visit Massachusetts schools, honor Marine Sgt. Johanny Rosario (WCVB Boston)
- Mitchell’s rejection of Cassidy’s petition is valid [OPINION] (wbsm.com)
- Zoning in Mashpee has “severe limits” for housing and community character (CapeNews.net)
- Mashpee receives $ 131,000 to make Santuit Pond more resilient to global warming (CapeNews.net)
- First Day of School for Cushing Elementary Students (Wicked Local)
- Community rallies for teenage girl killed in off-road motorcycle crash (Plymouth Patch)
- Bourne Selectmen, interim city administrator agrees on contract (CapeNews.net)
- Bourne Fire Department sponsors child car seat safety event (CapeNews.net)
- Sandwich Police Reveal Waxed School Resource Cruiser | Sandwich News (CapeNews.net)
- 20 story hotel, proposed residential tower for Ross Lot in downtown Quincy (The Patriot Ledger)
- Man hospitalized after being stabbed at a bus station (wbsm.com)
- Braintree High School closed as asbestos testing continues (WCVB Boston)
- “Feel the Magic”: King Richard’s Faire Reigns Again in Carver (Wicked Local)
- Cape Cod Woman Buys Scratch Ticket After Showing Up Early For Takeout Order, Wins $ 1 Million ‘Take Out’ | (Boston News, Weather, Sports | WHDH 7News)
- Evolution of an Artist: Jeanné McCartin’s Sculptures Featured in the Provincetown Exhibition (Foster’s Daily Democrat)
- Stacey Perry appointed Interim Principal of South Elementary School in Plymouth (Wicked Local)
- Plymouth 9/11 victim memorial charity quietly pursues spirit of generosity (Wicked Local)
- Fun and hard work at the Marshfield Fair for the Scituate 4-H club (Wicked Local)
- With new routes and rules, Swim for Life will depart on Saturday in Provincetown and Wellfleet (Cape Cod Times)
- Provincetown businesses get help after COVID-impacted summer season (CapeCod.com News)
- Over 100 households attending a citywide garage sale this weekend in Acushnet (SouthCoastToday.com)
- New Bedford mayor says he questions COVID death benefits for unvaccinated employees (SouthCoastToday.com)
- Public comments on Sandwich Boardwalk plans continue Thursday (Cape Cod Times)
- Bridgewater-Raynham Regional School District students return for the first day of class (Wicked Local)
- Planning Council to Hire Consultant for Mashpee Commons Expansion (Cape Cod Times)
Today’s Plymouth Daily is brought to you by our friends at FTD, the most trusted name in flowers. FTD’s network includes more than 8,800 local florists in communities across the country. Send flowers to someone you love today and get 15% off your order. Click here to make someone feel good.
This weekend in Plymouth:
Thursday September 9
- Plymouth Public Library: “Create beautiful necklaces from items found in flea markets, thrift stores or your own drawers! Take them apart and reimagine them as unique necklaces! We will provide materials, but feel free to bring your own items. …” (Facebook)
- PACTV (Plymouth Area Community Television): State Representative Matt Muratore is hosting today’s COVID-19 Forum for the City of Plymouth, MA. Watch on Comcast 15, Verizon 47 and online at www.pactv.org/live. Submit your? s at [email protected] “(Facebook)
- PACTV (Plymouth Area Community Television): “Here is our coverage of the press conference on the proposed closure of the US Coast Guard station at Scituate MA. US Representative Bill Keating Representative Stephen F. Lynch Joan Meschino, State Representative Patrick O’Connor …” (Facebook)
- Plymouth Region Chamber of Commerce: “On behalf of PACC, we extend a warm welcome to our new Ambassador, Montana Aldridge of Bymontana Mortgages! We are delighted to have her and to know that her incredible networking skills and talents will be a great addition … ” ( Facebook)
- Plymouth Public Library: “If it rains, tomorrow’s family story time will be virtual right here on Facebook! Log in at 11am! (Facebook)
- The Massachusetts Chapter of the ALS Association: “This year we welcome Marisa back to the ALS Team Challenge who ran the Virtual Boston Marathon with us in 2020 and * finally * gets the chance to run in person this year in honor of her friend Scott. story and donate to it … “(Facebook)
- The Massachusetts Chapter of the ALS Association: “We are so grateful to once again welcome Keith Harris and so many returning participants to this year’s Ride to Defeat ALS. Comment below and let us know how many years you’ve been riding with us! #WhateverItTakes #RidetoDefeatALS # Massachusetts “(Facebook)
- The Massachusetts Chapter of the ALS Association: “Western MA, we see you working so hard to support our Massachusetts ALS community! There is still plenty of time to join the fight against ALS, walk with us AND attend our very first Artisan Alley! / WesternMA20. ..” (Facebook)
From our sponsors – thank you for supporting the local news!
You are officially in the loop for today! See you next week for another update. If you like these newsletters, consider inviting some of your friends and neighbors to follow. You can send them this link to subscribe.
– Haley cornell
About me: I’m the breaking news editor for Patch in Massachusetts. Previously, I worked for WHDH – Channel 7 News for five years as a writer. I love to talk to people and am currently trying to learn to cook in my spare time. Questions? Comments? Tips? Contact me at [email protected]
Got a tip or suggestion for an upcoming Plymouth Daily? I’m all ears. You can email me at [email protected]