Hello, New York! Today is Wednesday September 22.
Welcome to the second newsletter of the New York City Daily, a new initiative designed to give readers the information they need at the start of their day in the city. News, events, weather, classifieds. You’ll find it in your inbox every day.
Your titles: In four short years, Mayor Bill De Blasio says, the entire New York government will be powered by renewable energy sources.
“Oh my God, oh no, no, no, no, no …” These are the words of a straphanger as an as yet unidentified person threw a bike onto the tracks before an oncoming R train last night. See it for yourself.
And a second woman stepped forward to accuse billionaire Leon Black for raping her, this time in Jeffrey Epstein’s famous townhouse.
Are you a local business owner or trader in New York? Our premium local sponsorships keep you on top of inboxes in town every morning. Contact us here for the truth.
Now the weather forecast for the day: Possible light rain overnight. Top: 74, bottom: 71.
Here are the best stories in New York City today:
- Is the UN host a super-spreader Event? (WABC-TV)
- Another inmate has death in prison at Rikers Island. (Amsterdam News)
- Concerns about school safety rise after a notch in the Bronx. (Norwood News)
- A woman has been found death in a stolen car, according to New York Police. (New York Post )
- Landlords and tenants can “go green” thanks to a new city program. (NY1 Spectrum News)
- New York ranked best state for teachers in 2021. (NEWS10 ABC)
Today’s New York City Daily is brought to you from our friends at GoodRx – the best way to save money on your prescriptions. GoodRx helps you find the lowest prices for drugs at local pharmacies, so you don’t overpay. Also works for pet medications! To see how much you can save, go to GoodRx.com.
Today in New York:
- Student Block Party[EastSideCommunityHighSchool(AllDay)[EastSideCommunityHighSchool(AllDay)[EastSideCommunityHighSchool(Toutelajournée)[EastSideCommunityHighSchool(AllDay)
- Komae In-Depth Discussions: Worry vs. Anxiety – Supporting Your Child’s Coping Skills and Emotions. (12:30 p.m.)
- PTA – School of Young Women’s Leadership. (6 p.m.)
- Free information session | 100 hour mindfulness meditation teacher training with David Nichtern. (6 p.m.)
- Harlem Hebrew School Board Meeting – Harlem Hebrew Language Academy. (6.30 p.m.)
New York City Notebook
- New York Yankees: “Monday night was all I hoped it would be.” (Instagram)
- Central park: “One of the most peaceful spots in the park, the ravine is defined by a long, narrow stream – called the Loch – that winds through its forests. Trees and streaming waterfalls block the cityscape. surrounding; a true retreat. ” (Facebook)
- New York Historical Society: ““ The main thing is to take care. Be very careful, even if it’s just a game you are playing. “#OnThisDay In 1973, Billie Jean King defeated Bobby Riggs in the” Battle of the Sexes. ” Over 90 million viewers witnessed his victory. “(Facebook)
- NYC POINT: “#ChildSafety can start before birth! If you have a car, make sure your car seat is properly installed before baby arrives. Infants and toddlers should travel in a rear-facing car seat for 2 years or more. #CarSeatSafety #VisionZero “(Facebook)
- Bryant Park: “Hello everyone, watch the Town Hall NYC Centennial Concert tonight: you can watch our website or YouTube below as it is highly likely that our Facebook live stream has been temporarily taken down due to a copyright infringement claim. ” (Facebook)
From our sponsors – thank you for supporting the local news!
- Collective by At the Venue (POP-UP Shop) – Celebration of an Asian business collective! (Visit the website)
- SuperReal – Stop Scrolling, Start Experimenting! – 45 minutes to awaken your mind in New York! Immersive art! (Visit the website)
- Kate Oh Gallery – Stone Wave exhibition, Come see these amazing works! (Visit the website)
- Fowl Play Entertainment, Inc. – Check out the updated list of pet meals. Visit petsinthefamily.com
- Save kitchen scraps – Fight to end food waste and hunger in New York City. (Visit the website)
- Yes Assistant – Flexible Virtual Assistant Service – The best choice for your successful business! (Visit the website)
- Manhattan Community Squash Center – New York after school squash program and offer – Register by 9/9 (Visit the website)
- SAS & CO MOVEMENT – Reliable movers, top marks, affordable move (Visit the website)
- Add your business here
- WEBINAR: Create the retreat you envision (September 22)
- Occupy Wall Street: Its Impact 10 Years Later (September 22)
- Classic Design Lunch with Thomas Jayne and Pilar Viladas (September 23)
- Infrastructure: past, present and future (September 23)
- Nice finish! Shannon Pot comedy show (September 24)
You are all taken for today. I’ll catch up to you early tomorrow with another update! If you like these newsletters, consider inviting some of your friends and neighbors to follow. You can send them this link to subscribe.
– Kevin phinney
About me: Kevin Phinney has lived and worked as a writer and editor in Austin, Los Angeles, New Orleans, Seattle and New York. He was born in Brooklyn, New York and raised in El Paso. Phinney attended the University of Austin. He has worked on television as a reporter and commentator, and is a former host of a weekday radio show called “Kevin & Kevin in the Morning” on KGSR-FM (now known as Austin City Limits Radio). He is also the author of “Souled American”, a book tracing race relations in America through music. It was published by BILLBOARD Books and is often used in college classrooms across the country.
Got a tip or suggestion for an upcoming New York City Daily? Contact me at [email protected]