Hello Orange County residents! It’s me again, Ashley Ludwig, your host for Orange County Daily.
First, the weather forecast for the day:
Partly sunny and very hot. High: 91 Low: 63.
Saturday’s high tide is expected at 8:11 a.m. at 4.27 feet. Low tide will be at 1:26 p.m. at 2.3 feet.
Sunrise is at 6:47 a.m. and sunset at 6:34 p.m.
Here are the best stories today in Orange County:
- He said, he said: These two San Clemente city councilors disagree. Was there violence at play after Tuesday’s meeting? Voice of OC investigation. (Voiceofoc.org).
- A newport beach The owner of a trucking company has pleaded guilty to illegal repairs that killed an employee, tax evasion and fraudulent use of funds related to the COVID-19 pandemic. Read the full report. (Newport Beach Patch).
- An electric bike training course will teach nearly 50 students between the ages of 10 and 17 the rules of the road this weekend. Here is how a San Juan Capistrano a woman’s decision to train her daughter turned into an example for OC parents to follow. (Badge of San Juan Capistrano).
- The Blue Angels and Thunderbirds fly together at the Pacific Air Show this weekend. Discover all Huntington Beach events near you (Orange County Patch).
- Are you watching “Clickbait” this week? Orange County, Nielsen Ratings in. (Orange County crest).
- For Americans of Japanese descent in Orange County, Shohei Ohtani is already their MVP (Los Angeles Times).
Today’s Orange County Daily is brought to you by ring. Joey was home alone when he collapsed on a hot day. Look at what helped save his life.
Today in Orange County:
- Oktoberfest – Rides, Food & Fun 2021: St. Martin de Porres, Yorba Linda (9h).
- Saint Irénée Oktoberfest 2021: Cypress (6 p.m.).
- Walk to End Alzheimer’s Disease – Irvine (7 a.m.).
- Hoag Flu Shot 2021 Health Fairs (7 a.m.).
- Design Day returns on October 2! (9h00).
- Hybrid Pranic Healing Level 1 (10h).
- GameChanger presents the One Club Challenge (12h).
- Evenings at Glen Ivy: Battista & Sound Bath (4 p.m.).
- Afterburner Music Festival – Sam Hunt, X Ambassadors & Cassadee Pope (4 p.m.).
- VERNISSAGE: Celebrate the return to the theater with “A Shot Rang Out” (8pm).
Orange County Notebook
- Orange County Sheriff’s Department, California: “Today, 53 of our employees, including a K-9, received medals at the Medal of Valor ceremony presented by the Orange County Sheriff’s Advisory Board￼. an honor to see some of the exceptional members of this department. ” (Facebook).
- Orange County Fire Authority: “One of the cool things we’re seeing at OCFA is a new fire truck coming in. We just took delivery of the first of 13 new Type 1 engines that will serve our communities. This platform will be prepared by our Computer Communication Staff. ” (Facebook).
- OC Parks: “Location, location, location! It’s no secret that Orange County is a highly desirable place to live, so it shouldn’t be surprising that this region has been inhabited for over 10,000 years! “(Instagram).
- Orange County Register: “This will only be the second time in U.S. history that the Blue Angels and Thunderbirds have performed together at the same air show. And there will be many more military and aerobatic flight displays during the three day event. ” (Facebook).
- Orange County Department of Education: “Two Orange County school districts brought their communities together to highlight their recent accomplishments and challenges at separate district state events this week.” (Instagram).
From our sponsors – thank you for supporting the local news!
- Camino De Santiago Nature School – Innovative place-based education in OC for Kindergarten to Grade 6. (Visit the website).
- Caring companions at home – Home care for the elderly (Visit the website).
- JDC Conception & Consulting – Landscaping at its best (Visit the website).
- The appliance coach – Appliance repair: We offer evening hours (Visit the website).
- ABC Heating & Air Conditioning – Reliable repair, installation and tuning of air conditioning and heating (Visit the website).
- Add your business here.
- Rolling Stones Pre-party with Mick Adams and The Stones, Rolling Stones show! (October 2).
- Seminar on social security (October 5).
- San Clemente Garden Club Sale of fall plants and flea market treasures (October 9).
- The Bentley Celebrity Golf Tournament (October 15).
- Add your event.
Concerts and services:
You are now in the know and ready to go out this Saturday. I’ll see you soon! If you like these newsletters, consider inviting some of your friends and neighbors to follow you. You can send them this link to subscribe.
– Ashley ludwig
About Me: Ashley Ludwig has been an online news columnist and editor since 2007. Prior to joining Patch, she worked as an editor for Southwest Riverside’s Valley News, both print and online. She was the co-founder of the Southern California news conglomerate, DailySoCal.com – and before that, a freelance reporter for publications such as the North County Times, San Diego Union-Tribune, and Southwest Riverside News Network (SWRNN. com), and still owns the local Southern California Wine Country blog: TemeculaGrapevine.com. Ashley Ludwig has been working as a web writer since the late 1990s. She graduated from the University of Arizona with a Bachelor of Arts and Science degree. Wife and mother of two daughters, she is the author of several romantic thrillers. www.ashleyludwig.com
Do you have any advice or suggestion for an upcoming Orange County Daily? Contact [email protected] anytime.